Toddler Sleep Training
Toddler Sleep Training
So your toddler is having trouble sleeping and you need some help. Toddlers are known for throwing new wrenches into everything you thought would be easy.
I’m glad you’re here. By using a few simple principles and running through some specific toddler situations you can get back to sleeping through the night. All night. In your own bed. With your partner. Alone. Until a reasonable hour in the morning.
You’re Upset Your Toddler Won’t Sleep
If you’re here, I can probably read your mind:
- Your little guy has never slept well. It’s always been a struggle, but now that you’re fighting daily battles and tantrums over things like lollipops for dinner, you just can’t do the bedtime battles anymore. Maybe you have another baby and you can’t bend over backwards to facilitate sleep for your big guy like you used to. Or you’re ready to reclaim your own sleep or your own bed. In any case, you want your toddler to sleep better than he is now! Help!
- What the heck?! My baby used to sleep great and now everything is all messed up! What happened, and how do I fix it??
- Or some combination of the two. Your baby was an okay sleeper and you were in a routine that worked… but it’s not working anymore. You need some concrete tools to troubleshoot the toddler sleep issues you’re facing.
Common Toddler Sleep Problems
Every toddler, and every family is different. Therefore, your journey to better sleep is unique as well. However, I see many of the same issues come up for families with toddlers.
Wherever you are in sleep journey, toddlerhood will bring up some interesting new challenges. Some of the most common issues are:
- Waking up too early
- Staying up too late
- Stalling bedtime (I need a drink, I need to tell you something)
- Protesting sleep and naps
- Waking up in the middle of the night
- Dropping nap time
- Not staying in bed
- Sleeping in mom & dad’s bed
- Taking away bottle/paci/thumbsucking
- Transitioning to a big kid bed
- Getting a new baby brother or sister
Rest assured, mama, this is all a totally normal part of the developmental process. It’s frustrating for sure. But normal.
If you feel like you’ve already tried everything and read everything, then individual consultation is your best bet. We’ll jump into some toddler psychology to figure out what exactly is going on for your kiddo and how to work with him specifically to address whatever the underlying need is. The name of the game with toddlers is figuring out how to work with them so everyone wins instead of creating more power struggles.
Toddler Sleep Training Guides
I recommend that most parents start by check out my toddler troubleshooting guides. These help you to “do it yourself” when it comes to sleep training your toddler. You’ll find guides for each of these issues with a load of suggestions for you to try. My toddler sleep training guides are also a very affordable option as most are only a few dollars. In these sleep training guides, I’ll address some of the main reasons behind the toddler difficulties and give you practical tips to help your toddler sleep better.
Check out the toddler troubleshooting guides here.
Individual Consultations to Help Your Toddler Sleep
If you feel like you’ve already tried everything and read everything to get your toddler to sleep, then a private consult is your best bet. We’ll jump into some toddler psychology to figure out what exactly is going on for your kiddo and how to work with him specifically to address whatever the problem is. The name of the game with toddlers is figuring out how to work with them so everyone wins, instead of creating more power struggles.
Take the first step to getting more sleep and schedule a consultation today!